- Client: The Spastic Centre of New South Wales - DEM Australia
- Location: Allambie Heights
- Due Diligence
- Staged Development Application
- Statement of Environmental Effects
- Status: Approved & Completed
For the past 65 years, The Spastic Centre has been located at Allambie Heights providing much needed support services for people with cerebral palsy.
Following a fire of the Centre’s previous buildings and facilities in 2007, DEM Architects were engaged to prepare a Master Plan to provide an opportunity for The Spastic Centre to consolidate, upgrade and enhance their existing facilities.
The Master Plan included:
- a new purpose-built Cerebral Palsy Centre to house administration, training and therapeutic facilities, facilitating treatment and research of cerebral palsy,
- a new Spastic Centre Services Centre to provide future on site facilities for on-going Cerebral Palsy treatments programs, employment training programs and employment options / opportunities for clients;
- six (6) apartment buildings comprising 130 apartments self-care independent living units for the aged and disabled and
- a new multi-purpose community centre,
Town planning services included preliminary planning investigations to optimise the site’s redevelopment potential, preparing the Master Plan and accompanying Statement of Environmental Effects for a Staged Development Application.